28 August 2009

THE CULT 'LOVE': CHICAGO 09.02

The Cult are finally touring and they are playing their best album, ever, Love. Yup, that's the album a wee bit before Rick Rubin of Def Jam went and over-produced their sound and 'Rick Rubin-a-fied' the whole shit-show. Thanks Rick, you big lumberjack! Any ways, like I said, The Cult are back and they're playing the entire Love album, sweet soul sister, yes! and for you Cult purists, who will of course swear you were their number one fan long before I was, which I fuckin doubt, I said 'best Cult album', that means as The Cult, not Death Cult, not The Southern Death Cult, but yes, "The Cult". umm crap, now that I went off the deep end and said all that, I'm torn between the Love album and the Dreamtime album. Hell, I think the only reason I'm not voting Dreamtime as their best is because I really hate the chick I was dating when I first bought that LP...but, if I wasn't dating her, Dreamtime would maybe be my pick.

Oh man, before I forget: The Cult - Love Live at The House of Blues Chicago 09.02

Here's some verbage I lifted from their MySpace page:

"The Cult is hitting the road again!! They will be performing the entire 1985 album LOVE live in it's entirety on this tour!!"

http://profile.myspace.com/cultmusic

No comments:

Post a Comment