17 April 2009

MOBY 'Shot In The Back Of The Head' Directed by David Lynch

Moby's animated video for the single 'shot in the back of the head'. Directed by David Lynch.
This single has the definite taste of a classic David Lynch soundtrack. One where the star and co-star are driving at high rates of speed, through some California desert, well after midnight, with no lights except of the headlights of a late model American-made gas guzzler. The chain-smoking stars of this film also sit through longs uncomfortable bouts of silence as the cameraman with his hand-held, jumps from 'in your face' close-up to 'in your face' close-up.
This video is best if set in 'loop' mode while the track spins on and on and on. Don't get me wrong, I love-love this antiquated track. It stirs up emotions I experienced when first I was exposed to David Lynch's art. He has made many, many very beautiful films over the decades and I anxiously await the insertion of this track into one of his future films.
Some films That this tastes of are "Nadja", "Blue Velvet" and "Lost Highway". I'm quite sure you can add several other titles of your own to the mix.



No comments:

Post a Comment